Updated: Less than a fortnight to go before the final deadline to file the annual return, if your charity’s financial year ends on 31 March 2017.
If your charity’s financial year ends on 31 March 2017 you have less than a fortnight to go before the final deadline to file the annual return.
By law, these charities must submit a return by 31 January 2018, no later than 10 months after the end of their financial year.
Thousands of charities have already filed their returns, but there are still many that haven’t.
If you haven’t filed your return, your charity runs the risk of trying to file nearer to the deadline, potentially without the correct information or the password needed to access the service.
Not filing on time means your charity will go into default and that information will be displayed on our public register.
To avoid this happening, please file your annual return for 2017 now if you:
- know what you need to submit
- have a current working password
- know your charity number
- have kept your charity’s details up-to-date (such as the email address, contact address and current trustees)
If you don’t know your password or what to submit
Make sure you know who holds your password, or apply for a new one. Applying for a new password will take at least 24 hours and can only be sent to the registered email address we have on file.
Then make sure you have:
- updated your charity’s details
- read our guide about how to prepare your return and what to submit (based on your charity structure)