News story: How to release funds from a dormant or ineffective trust fund

Running a charity takes time and effort. If it becomes too much, you may decide to close your charity.

Before you do, consider if a local Community Foundation could take over your dormant or ineffective trust fund and carry on its work.

For example, if you:

  • can’t find suitable beneficiaries or spend the charity’s income
  • provide money to the same people or groups every year
  • find it hard to attract trustees
  • want to be involved in how the money is spent but don’t want the legal responsibility of being a trustee
  • want help in identifying local issues and opportunities – and which are most in need of funding

To close, merge or transfer a trust fund to a Community Foundation, contact:

Colin Evans

UKCF Trust Transfer Associate

07981 226029

Comments are closed.