Updated: Updated the Regulatory and Risk Framework.
The Regulatory and Risk Framework outlines:
- how the Commission operates as a risk-led regulator
- how it decides when and how to engage
- the possible outcomes of its engagement
While the Framework is written for the wider public, it is intended to be particularly useful for but not limited to:
- charity trustees, to enable them to understand the Commission’s approach to risk-led regulation
- the Commission’s staff, who are required to apply the Framework in their work
- auditors and independent examiners, when considering reporting matters to the Commission
- charity employees, when considering making whistleblowing disclosures to the Commission
- legal and other professional advisers to charities
The Framework helps ensure the Commission’s regulatory engagement with charities is proportionate, accountable, consistent, transparent and targeted as required by the Charities Act 2011.
The Commission has also produced an Executive Summary, which provides a brief summary of the key points within the Framework.